In Cameroon, we have two main English-speaking regions that constitute southern Cameroon. The Southwest Region of Cameroon is one of the English-speaking regions with 6 divisions ( Fako, Koupé-Manengouba, Lebialem, Manyu, Meme, and Ndian) each managed by the SDO.
The Southwest Region or South-West Region has as capital city Buea and it is distinguished by a rich, permanently green cover of vegetation resulting from heavy rainfall and extensive agro-industrial activity.
- Mount Cameroon, 4,100m high, which is still an active volcano;
- The Korup National Park is a living natural history museum dating back to 300 million years and enjoying a rare variety of flora and fauna.
- The Limbé Botanical Garden was created in 1892 by German horticulturists.
- The Limbé Zoo, is open all year round to tourists.
- The Barombi Lake in Kumba, with its luxuriant decor.